Making progress on the Bag

I am pleased to say that I am making real progress on the bag I am sewing for that sewing contest.  It has definitely motivated me to finish this project up.  The deadline is Tuesday.

I have had a heck of a time finding some of the notions needed for the project so I am at a stand still for now.

No fabric/craft store has rectangular rings and swivel hooks with a 1 inch attachment.  So I have had to order them online..  I'm waiting ever so impatiently for the items to arrive.  The rectangle rings won't come in time, so I have had to go to my local hardware store where I found a suitable replacement but they were 2 dollars each.  $8.66 later.  I have a solution, but boy do I feel ripped off.  C'est la vie!

I was able to finish most of the bag yesterday night.

Here is where I am at so far:


I am really enjoying this project so far.  I have learned a lot: zippers, using thermofleece interfacing, etc.  I love making bags, but in the past I have made up my own patterns and the bags have been quite minimalist, not very fancy.  I had to read and re-read the pattern to make sure I didn't mess up. I almost messed up a few times with the outside pocket.  Fortunately, I kept reading the instructions until it made sense and the outside zipper looks great!

I am considering making another bag of the same idea with different more neutral fabric and maybe even making smaller versions for travel and gifts.

Comments

Popular Posts