Sewing contest

Well, I decided to enter a sewing competition. The first round is to sew a blouse, which I've never done.  Nothing like some good competition to send you farther in your skills.

I used Melly Sews High Low top. I've been looking at it a while and this competition sent me over the tipping point from reading about it to actually doing it. 

I used some fabric from two, count them two, failed attempts at a kimono robe. I've always liked this fabric pattern. While using it for this pattern though, I remembered why I don't like this fabric. It frays a lot!  

I managed to get the bones on the top made with nice lines. The next part, making bias tape from the fabric might be too much, but I think I am going to have to try it anyways. Wish me luck. 

Here's the progress so far. 


Link to the tutorial for this top: (if you want the pattern, you need to subscribe to her site or get it on Craftsy, it is free)

Comments

Popular Posts