Paper Crafting

Since having a baby, I have had to write a lot of thank you cards.  I made a few dozen before the baby was born, but I had no idea the flood of gifts that were to follow.  It is so sweet of people to think of our baby and send us things.  I soon found myself running out of the cards I had prepared and had to make several cards for thank you cards. I can never bring myself to buy a card.  I love making them so.

I looked to my craft closet and found a package of solid card stock 12 inch by 12 inch and some beautiful paper with designs on it.  I have to admit, I have had these paper packs for a while and rarely if ever used them.  There is nothing like a large number of cards to write piling up to get a person motivated to use up all that paper.

I had some small envelopes that are the size of a half sheet of 8 1/2 inch by 11 inch (standard computer paper) left over from our wedding and I thought this would be a great size for the thank you cards.

Using a ruler, a self healing mat, an Xacto blade, and a glue stick, I created a lot of cards in an assembly line.

From the scraps left over from the larger cards, I was able to create some smaller cards that I can use for gifts.   The other bits of paper also allowed me to create some beautiful bookmarks.


My set of paper cards and bookmarks:



Comments

Popular Posts