Hats, Hats, Hats...

I have been on a knitted hat kick, and it's sure nice to bring out the circular needles and make quick work of hats.

I've been using the pattern from Last Minute Knitted Gifts by Joelle Hoverson and Anna Williams.  I used a nice variegated wool yarn from a past failed project (a knitted purse that I was going to felt but never did) and I think the hat turned out great!  I was able to use my pom pom maker that I purchased from Ebay when I was on a Ebay shopping spree about 3 or 4 years ago.

The pattern is pretty easy if you've never done circular knitting before.  It is one by one rib on the bottom, knit in every stitch until the proper height and then decrease until the end.

Knitting hats are fun and fast with circular needles.  The trick is to make sure that you set up the hat in the first few rows and not to twist the stitches.  Once a few rows are done it gets much easier.

I made these hats for my little one. I think they turned out pretty good and I used up yarn from a failed project.  I had to undo all the work, which required a bit of effort, but I made a usable hat!

Comments

Popular Posts