Holiday Treat Carrier

Around this time of year, I like to send some holiday treats to work with my husband.  I often worry about my plate being left at work or broken. It's a heavy glass plate and I feel more comfortable sending something a bit lighter and less apt to break.

I looked around the house for some things to create a treat carrier and found a few paper plates and red plastic drink cups.

I pierced the cups and plates with a sharp tool I had in my craft cabinet.  It's used for ceramics.

I cut one of the cups down to shorten it as the top does not need to be so tall compared to the bottom.

I pulled a string that I had through the bottom hole and tied a knot so that it does not pull through.

I pulled the loop through the hole in the big cup and the second plate and tied another knot to cinch down the plates together.

Finally I pulled through the second cup and tied another knot.

Viola!  A treat carrier that was easy to make and I don't have to worry about losing it at the office.  I placed a piece of duck tape at the bottom so that it doesn't fall apart.  Fingers crossed.  It should not be handled by the loop on top while full.  Visions of cupcakes on the ground.  That would not be good.

I made some chocolate cupcakes to place on top and wrapped the whole carrier in plastic wrap.  The carrier can fit 30 cupcakes.  Yum!

For the recipe, here's a link to my food blog:
Samantha Experiments with Food
http://samanthaexperimentswithfood.blogspot.com/2012/12/one-bowl-chocolate-cupcakes.html

Comments

Popular Posts