Catching up

It's been a while since my last post.  It's been a hectic time as it always is with very young children.  I've been looking at all the wonderful projects that people around the world and I've been inspired.  I've been feeling like I am spending too much time looking at what other people are doing and not doing enough myself.  So... I've recently been fairly productive in the project department.  I hope you are inspired and will join in me in making instead of watching.

I've had this thankful sign on my Pinterest board for over a year.  I finally finished it today!  Just in time for Thanksgiving.  It's different than the original, but definitely inspired by it.  I used what I had on had.  A piece of board which was left over from a fence project, some lace that I purchased for some other project and it was the wrong size, and some burlap I already had in my stash.  I did have to purchase a Sharpie White Paint pen, but I didn't have one and needed it for this project.

Here is the link to the inspiration to the project above:
http://www.iheartnaptime.net/be-thankful-wood-sign/

I also installed my rustic coat rack a few weeks ago.  The children' coats in our garage were getting out of hand and a bit overwhelming.  I used a piece of wood left over from another project and had aged in our backyard.  I needed to find some good hooks, and I ordered some horrible ones.  That's the trick.  I found these hooks at Bed Bath and Beyond.  They look great!  The results were really positive in my opinion.  The sense of being overwhelmed is greatly reduced!

I also was staring at my massive yarn collection.  I haven't purchased yarn in years.  So this beautiful yarn has just sat there without a purpose.  It inspired me to start making the simplest scarf possible.  It's a rib stitch, knit one, purl one.  I finished one, and started another.  I have to keep it with me so I actually finish them.  It took me one week to finish the first one, but the second one has been delayed due to the flu last week.




Comments

Popular Posts