Sew Mama Sew Contest: Something I've been working on...

Over the last few weeks, I have been trying to finish this bag.  It the It's a Cinch bag from U Handbags.  I made it once before with a red and white island fabric.   I made it for the Sew Mama Sew Online sewing contest that happened 2 years ago.

I wanted to make this pattern in a more neutral, and useful to me, more my style for quite some time.  The Sew Mama Sew Online sewing contest is happening again and I decided that it was reason enough for me to make this bag.

It's been a trial this time.  I was all excited to have a bit of time to make the bag and I put it 50% together and realized the hardware that I had looked silly with the straps that I had purchased.  The pattern called for a 1 inch strap which I couldn't find.

So I had to take out a lot of stitches, try to find hardware that would work, wait for the hardware to arrive and try again.  I had another block of time to work on my bag and sewed something I shouldn't have so there was more taking out of stitches.  It took much longer than it should have, but c'est la vie!

The good news is that I am done and I love it!  I used fabric from my stash that I have had for years so bonus there.  I think it turned out really nice and I will definitely use it.  :)

I love this pattern and highly recommend it to anyone who is interested in making a bag.  I learned how to sew zippers with confidence and make a bag with some body to it.
Here's the link to buy the pattern. It's a download.

http://www.u-handbag.com/products/copy-of-lisa-lam-its-a-cinch-tote-pattern-booklet

This was the bag in progress. 




This is the bag un- Cinched

This is the bag with it Cinched with the clips and D rings


Contest ends August 28th.

Enter here:
http://www.sewmamasew.com/2015/06/join-the-super-online-sewing-match-community-match-info-prizes/

Comments

Popular Posts